Singapore is well known as one of the best countries for doing business in the world. The city-state is extremely well planned, well managed and is know for an effective government. The city is a very popular place to live and along with that is also quite expensive.
The visas for working in Singapore have strict requirements but the process of wading through the bureaucracy in Singapore is not the horrible experience it is in most places. The bureaucracy functions well and quickly.
Many working in Singapore live in Johor Bahru for the substantially cheaper rents and other expenses. Singapore is one of the most expensive cities in the world.
Here are some resources I have found online for those interested in considering a move to Singapore:
Housing in Singapore
- Property Guru Condo Directory – shows condo to rent and buy with photos, floorplans and historical price charts.
- Singapore Expat Condos
- Singapore Real Estate – Nice blog with great photos, mainly expensive condos.
- iProperty Singapore
- Housing & Development Board government web site – HDB apartments are government developed properties that can be rented, this site provide details on eligibility, renting on the open market, and much more.
Living in Singapore
- Straits Times – newspaper
- Meetup – Singapore – find others for recreation activities.
- Singapore National Parks
- Universal Studios Battlestar Galactica ride
- Craigslist – Singapore
- I-S – magazine style site on Singapore
Blogs about Singapore and by People in Singapore
- Laura in Singapore – lots of photos
- Expat Adventures in Singapore – I moved to Singapore in July 2010 having never imagined going to live abroad. This is a record of my experiences whilst I’m here.
- Our Big Expat Adventure –
- Singapore: Living and Visiting
- I Eat I Shoot I Post
Forums on Singapore